Entri Populer

Kamis, 28 Juni 2012

Are You afraid of speaking English?

Confidence is all you need.
Are You afraid of speaking English?, I hope this sentence I am afraid of Speaking English is not available in your dictionary, or if you have one, let's think over that  its sentence should be turned to be I am not afraid to speak English. 
Now, let me share you my experience about my students who are afraid of speaking English, and I put some reasons why they are.
Most of my students said that they are afraid of speaking English. They mentioned various reasons why they are. I try to understand their problems and I do my best to motivate them, since learning English is a process, rushing is no need. Then, my duty is also to encourage them to keep practicing their English, especially they are English teacher candidates, and English is an important part for their future.
I pay much attentions how to give them many opportunities to learn much and persuade them by a number of motivations in order to build their very own encouragement in learning English.
Well, let's see some of their excuse in speaking English.
  •  They are afraid of making mistakes. I've told them a thousands time that they do not have to pay anything if they make mistakes in speaking English. Besides English is not our mother tongue, it is not a big deal if you make a mistake.
  • They are afraid of being ridiculed. Ridiculing, mocking, or insulting someone who wants to speak English is a real bad habit. Many students of mine feel uncomfortable and give up speaking English because of being ridiculed by other people. Again, I told them that they have to ignore what people say, remember dog's barking, doesn't bite. It is useless to pay attention to what people say. Just keep your chin up and be happy, keep practicing because it will be better .
  • They are afraid because of the lack of vocabulary. Imagine, if they just stop talking because they have some vocabulary only, their English will get even worse then. I said, ignored your vocabulary and keep practicing your English. I guarantee, by practicing your English as often as possible, your vocabulary will be rich. 
  •  etc.
Those are some reason why they are afraid of speaking English. In short, they are just not confident. Yap! building a confidence is quite tough, but do not give it up easily and get rid of your shyness!. Remember, you are what you think.

At last, maybe you've got the same problem as I am facing now. If you've got some brilliant ideas to overcome those problems, let's share. I am looking forward to it.

Thanks a billion for Reading


TTYL :)

2 komentar:

  1. i'm not afraid of speaking english....
    mistakes.........???? not a mistakes
    if we make a mistake, who care??? don't worry about it ,you knoW i mAKE MISTAKES ALL THE TIME ,IT'S NATURAL ,IT IS NORMAL ,make them and learn from them ....

    BalasHapus
  2. I love that spirit. That's the way a college students is supposed to be. Making mistakes is the way making our English better. Never stop sharing your idea. :D

    BalasHapus

Thanks for commenting